How we are keeping you safe and battling COVID-19:
- Installation of HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filters that can capture particles far smaller than this virus.
- “No-touch” plumbing fixtures throughout building.
- Phone calls preoperatively for screening as well as front door temperature checks and screening questions.
- Three UV light ventilation sterilization systems to HVAC system.
- State-of-the-art electrostatic sprayer employing approved Sanix System chemicals to sanitize patient care areas at the end of each day as part of our high-level cleaning measures.
- CDC guidelines on mask wearing and provision of proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for our medical providers.
- Social distancing and limiting non-essential people in the building and common areas as well as enforcing visitation restrictions.
- Implementing World Health Organization (WHO) hand washing protocols.
- Procurement of BD Veritor™ Plus System as a rapid COVID-19 detection system for screening of higher risk patients on arrival to the Center on the day of surgery.
We continue to update our protocols set in place from the CDC and Florida Department of Health to keep everyone safe from COVID-19.
While no measure is a guarantee, we hope these additions to our infection control measures will improve the safety to you, our staff, and community.
At Laser and Surgery Center, our mission is to treat every patient and their family as if they were our own. To help ensure your safety, we are asking all patients and their companions to follow the Center for Disease Control’s recommended precautions while visiting our facilities.
Status of Operations:
We remain available for your surgical needs. Please call Laser and Surgery Center for more information.
We are fully complying with the recommendations and protocols put forth by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and continually monitoring updates from the CDC and Department of Health. Steps taken by Laser and Surgery Center in this regard specifically include:
- Increasing the rigorous cleaning and sanitizing procedures throughout each office (including frequent disinfection of our equipment, common areas and surfaces)
- Making hand sanitizers and disinfectant supplies available
- Reducing density in our waiting rooms and follow applicable social distancing practices
- Screening all patients on arrival for possible infection
- Laser and Surgery Center is maintaining continual communication with staff, and any employee with potential symptoms is being asked to stay home. Additionally, all non-essential staff members are conducting business offsite.
Instructions for Patients:
We ask that you call the facility and reschedule your appointment if within the past 2 weeks, you have:
- Traveled by air or cruise ship, whether international or domestic
- Have been asked to self-isolate or self-quarantine by any other doctor or public health official
- Have or have had a fever, a new cough, shortness of breath, chest pain, diarrhea, or any flu-like symptoms
Upon your arrival, we will be asking you again about recent travel, your symptoms, and taking your temperature with a non-contact thermometer at check-in. This is done as a precautionary measure to ensure you are in good general health.
Instructions for Visitors:
To prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities, we are not allowing visitors in our ambulatory surgery centers.
Steps You Can Take to Limit Exposure:
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Cover your mouth and nose if you cough or sneeze
- Avoid touching your face
- Stay home if possible and maintain “social distancing” around others
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
If You’re Sick:
- Monitor symptoms – seek prompt medical care if symptoms worsen
- Stay home except to get medical care
- Wash your hands, clean and disinfect surfaces daily
- If you’re around other sick people, or caring for others, wear a face mask
- Call your doctor before seeking care, including for appointments scheduled for other reasons
- Call 911 if you have a medical emergency
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.